The BioImage Informatics Conference 2017 will take place at the Banff Centre, Alberta, Canada. All technical sessions, keynotes, oral and poster presentations, and committee meetings will be held in the Max Bell Building, which features a 330 tiered-seat auditorium engineered for acoustic excellence, additional meeting rooms of varying capacities, and a large central foyer.
107 Tunnel Mountain Drive
Located within Banff National Park – a 6,641 square kilometer (2,564 square miles) national park – Banff is a must-see destination when visiting Alberta. The town of Banff is always lively with visitors who shop the streets and stay for a meal. Festivals and cultural events also occur on a regular basis. Outside of the town there are plenty of outdoor activities to suit a traveler’s interests.
To those who love the prospect of nature, there are many hiking trails and roads to explore the surrounding wildlife, mountains, glaciers, forests, and rivers. Other activities include horseback riding, golfing, and fishing. The Banff Upper Hot Springs and Lake Louise are ideal spots for those that want to relax. Banff National Park is also adjacent to many other wildlife parks and national sites around the Canadian Rocky Mountains, such as Jasper National Park.
The Banff Centre is located in the town of Banff, a 90 minute drive west of Calgary. There are several transfer options available from the Calgary International Airport to Banff, including airport shuttle service, bus transportation, and rental cars.
Banff Airporter is the official airport shuttle provider of the Banff Centre and the best way to get to and from Calgary Airport. Banff Airporter offers 10 departures daily between Calgary Airport and the Banff Centre. You can also book by calling toll free 1-888-449-2901 or 1-403-762-3330 extension 1. For questions and more information send an email or visit the website.
Another option is to travel to and from the Banff Centre in comfort and style with Banff Airporter’s sedan service: Banff Sedan. Upon arrival, your driver will meet you at your flight gate, ready to transfer you directly to Banff, regardless of flight time. To book, call Banff Sedan on 1-403-762-3330 extension 2, or send an email.
To get to the town of Banff by car:
- Depart Calgary Airport and take Deerfoot Trail (Highway 2 North).
- Take the exit for Stoney Trail NW heading West aproximately 4 km after arriving on Deerfoot Trail. Signs should indicate it heads towards Banff and Highway 1.
- After 23 km you will have circumvented the city centre, take the exit for Trans-Canada Highway 1 West (Banff).
- Continue West approximately 90 km on the Trans-Canada Highway 1 and eventually this will take you through the park gates.
- Once through the park gates, continue approximately 10 km and take the first exit to the town of Banff.